Retail Senior Associate
Retail Senior Associate
The Role Overview:As a Retail Senior Associate, you are an integral part of our team—comfortable interfacing with customers in a professional and sales-driven way and have an eye for how to make products look good on a shelf. You are personable and able to connect with customers, remembering their preferences and names to help build meaningful relationships. On the other hand, you’re no stranger to rolling up your sleeves and tackling any kind of task thrown your way with great attention to detail—completing tasks quickly without sacrificing quality.
On any given day, your responsibilities may include providing customer service to shoppers, supporting in-store retail activities such as checking out customers through our POS system, merchandising displays, pricing products or organizing inventory.
Although the role is not IT-heavy, this work requires someone who is very comfortable working with Apple products/computers across multiple software programs. You have a sharp eye for details, aesthetic and comfortable with repetitive tasks.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide customer service in a polite and helpful manner.
- Working the front counter and using the POS to checkout customers in a polite and friendly manner.
- The ability to remember loyal customers’ names and preferences to help build meaningful relationships.
- Maintaining the appearance and visual appeal of in-store displays, regularly monitoring online sales and removing sold products from shelves.
- Providing quality assurance to ensure orders are correct and safely packaged.
- Stock management, including processing deliveries, product assembly and regular stock intake.
- Light cleaning including sweeping, mopping, dusting, watering plants, breaking down boxes, taking out trash and sanitizing high touch areas.
- Receiving freight shipments of supplies from our building's front loading zone.
- Working collaboratively to help with business improvements and efficiencies as well as cost effectiveness.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of retail or online retail experience, ideally in a customer-facing role.
- Ability to create impactful and strategic retail displays.
- A highly-organized person with a strong attention to detail and a good memory for processes.
- Great initiative and willingness to help with any task (taking out the trash, sweeping, mopping included).
- Proactively supporting team members and requiring only moderate oversight.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to adapt, think on your feet and problem solve independently.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible hours (such as pop-up markets or in-store events).
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time.
- This job will regularly require the lifting of 50+ lbs.
- Some experience with stock management or inventory handling.
- Experience with online order fulfillment and shipping carriers such as FedEx, UPS and USPS.
- Knowledge of online tools such as Shopify POS, Shopify, Slack and Notion.
- Experience working in a small independent retailer.
- Experience with trade shows, pop-up markets and running a sales booth.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and making content (Instagram Reels or TikTok).
- Comfortable in front of a camera to talk about products, events and marketing related content.
160 First Street
Batavia, IL 60510
Starting at $15/hour
- Typically 4-7 hour shifts, 10-15 hours a week
- Working hours typically between 10:30am-5:30pm
Hours may vary based on projects and production schedule.
Hearth & Hammer is a people first company and we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of perspectives, backgrounds and skills.
We are aware that women and other marginalized groups often only apply to roles when they meet 100% of the requirements. If you meet the majority of the qualifications and feel passionate about this position, then please apply.
Interviews & How to Apply:
- Please submit your resume to email@example.com with subject "Retail Senior Associate Application"
- Tell us why you’re interested in the position and why you think you'd be a good fit for our team.
- Please provide your work availability.
- Please provide your resumé, LinkedIn or both.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above requirements, you should still absolutely consider applying. We are happy to train the right person.