Part-Time Production Lead
The Role Overview:
As a Production Lead, you are spearheading the day-to-day operations of H&H literary candles. You enjoy working with your hands and can tackle any kind of production task thrown your way with great attention to detail—completing tasks quickly without sacrificing quality.
On any given day, your responsibilities may include mixing fragrance oils & pouring candles, scheduling and communicating wholesale logistics with our wholesale customers, keeping track of production materials & inventory to streamlining production processes and procedures. As a Production Lead, you will be the primary point person responsible for keeping candle production on-time, in stock and communicated with the team. On occasion you may have the opportunity to support our retail team by providing customer service and checking out in-store shoppers on a need-by-need basis.
Although the role is not tech-heavy, this work requires someone who is comfortable working across several computer software programs, has a sharp eye for details and is very comfortable with repetitive tasks.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Candle pouring and fragrance mixing.
- Providing quality assurance to ensure orders are correct and safely packaged.
- Inventory management, staying on top of candle inventory and ensuring stock levels are maintained.
- Maintain our production schedule and workflow to ensure on-time delivery with special attention to quality assurance.
- Stock management, including processing deliveries and regular stock intake.
- Production related tasks such as wicking, heat-gunning, labeling and finishing candles.
- Maintaining the appearance, cleanliness and general safety of the production workspace.
- Regularly monitoring & responding to wholesale orders and client communications.
- Light cleaning including sweeping, mopping, dusting, breaking down boxes, taking out trash and sanitizing high touch areas.
- Receiving freight shipments of supplies from our building's front loading zone.
- On occasion, working the front counter and using the POS to checkout customers in a polite and friendly manner.
- Working collaboratively to help with business improvements and efficiencies as well as cost effectiveness – we’re a growing small business, so as you work with us, if you see things that can be done better, we want you to be the kind of person who’d be able to spot this and let us know, along with proposals of better ways of working.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A highly-organized person with a strong attention to detail and a good memory for processes.
- Great initiative and willingness to help with any task (taking out the trash, sweeping, mopping included).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to adapt, think on your feet and problem solve independently.
- Team leadership experience or ability to provide clear direction to others.
- Production experience, ideally in a commercial setting.
- Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for 7-8 hours a day.
- This job will require lifting of 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Experience with stock management or handling.
- Experience with wholesale/client customer service.
- Experience with online order fulfillment and shipping carriers such as FedEx, UPS and USPS.
- Knowledge of online tools such as Notion, Shopify and Google Drive.
- Experience working in a small independent retailer.
- Semi-monthly pay
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Employee discounts
- Fully-paid training period
- 1.5x paid holidays (when scheduled)
- Discretionary annual bonus
- One paid volunteer day each year
- Free snacks and drinks
- Free birthday lunch
- A friendly, relaxed and creative working environment.
- First choice of all sample sale stock and occasional free goods
- The opportunity to expand your current skill set with career advancing resources and mentorship.
160 First Street
Batavia, IL 60510
Starting at $15/hour based on experience
- Typically 4-7 hour shifts, 10-15 hours a week
- Working hours typically between 10:30am-5:30pm
Hours may vary based on projects and production schedule.
Hearth & Hammer is a people first company and we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of perspectives, backgrounds and skills.
We are aware that women and other marginalized groups often only apply to roles when they meet 100% of the requirements. If you meet the majority of the qualifications and feel passionate about this position, then please apply.
Interviews & How to Apply:
- Remote interview/screening followed by an onsite interview at the shop.
- Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "[Role Title] Application"
- Tell us why you’re interested in the position and why you think you'd be a good fit for our team.
- Please provide your work availability.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above requirements, you should still absolutely consider applying. We are happy to train the right person.